Sunday, November 30, 2014

Meet George!

This Thanksgiving weekend, we hosted a special guest at the Miller-Seitz home....George, the Russian Tortoise. Isn't he handsome? George belongs to one of my students at BSI and is currently living in Room 409. Not wanting George to be all alone for four days, I carried him home and he's settled nicely into his corral in the dining room. It's especially fun watching George eat lettuce. He stretches his neck out so long and just chomps away.

Russian tortoises make great pets. They don't get any bigger than 9 inches, with males smaller than the females. They also live 50+ years! They are able to recognize their owners, which makes for a nice relationship.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cool turtle Ms.Seitz, I really surprised that they are able to do that (recognize owners), Does that mean that they will prefer you over someone else that came?

Tasfiya Kashem said...

Hii Ms. Seitz :D Nice to see you and George get along. He looks so cool! Anyways, I'll write later. I'm in school right now in Computer class. We're allowed to visit websites on different search engines so I decided to write. :) Well, Happy Holidays! Can't wait for the break. ;D

Sanjida I Afrose said...

Hi how are you how do you like your new school and are your classes better than us ;) I am soooooooo sorry that I couldn't be able to comment and is George a female or male and how old is she/he? Bye