Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Welcome BSI!

I'd like to welcome all my incredible BSI students to my blog. I haven't written on it in a couple of years, but since I will be moving on to another school--the Arbor School (PS 414) in Williamsburg, this is a great time to reboot my blog and keep in touch with each and every one of you!

As usual, I will share my love of science and nature with you all. In turn, I'd love to hear about your adventures and noticings. Don't be shy...share!

All of Ms. Seitz's classroom pets have found homes: Salt is with Ivan Bondar, Turtle 1 is with Nicholas Marchese, Turtle #2 is with Nicholas and Lucas Jung, and Turtle #3 is with Ami Epstein. The crayfish will be moving in with Alessandro Mazzoleni.

As you know, the one and only Guadalupe is also moving on. She is the best Teacher's Assistant a teacher could ever dream of having. She made my year more manageable, organized and brought a level of peace of our science room. I owe a lot to Guadalupe and wish her much success and happiness in the coming years. Let's give it up for Guadalupe!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guadalupe is a great teacher she always helps me when I don't understand something i wish her good luck. I'll always remember her.

Sarah Awan said...

Hi Ms. Seitz,

Remember me? From P.S. 230? It’s been a long time, five years in fact. I remember all of our memories—urban nature club, science class, our trip to that farm, and everything in between. I wanted to say hello. I saw you in the G train going towards Stillwell Ave 3 months ago. I wanted to say hello but I couldn’t since it was so crowded. I made it to Brooklyn Tech and I’m still pursuing a career in medicine. There is a lot of competition in Tech but I’m learning how to handle it. Wish me luck! Hope you are doing well!

Sincerely,
Sarah Awan :)

P.S.

Tasfiya Kashem, Jane Medued, and Chloe Jimenas all made it to Tech as well. Chloe and I are good friends now!

Ms. Seitz said...

Dear Sarah: What a wonderful surprise to hear from you!! I am so proud of you getting into Tech and pursuing medicine. How fantastic. I would love to see all of you girls. Why don't we have a little reunion? You can reach out to me at my school email: seitz@brooklynarbor.org. Also, how is your brother doing? I miss you all very much but am so glad to hear how well you are doing!!!!